1. Vivino: “Buy the right wine”
- Suggesting wines (enter your tastes)
- Scanning a bottle for ratings, info and reviews. Social aspect: Large Wine community: The bottle of Sharecropper that I uploaded had almost 300 reviews
2. Hello Vino:
- Suggesting wines (enter your tastes) and also has a
- Handy wind guide: How to say “Beauxjolais”! And what one should eat with it (Hello, Steak tartare! Or Hawaiin pizza)
- Down side: you have to pay to scan your wine label (.99 for 5 wines) So maybe not ideal if your scanning every bottle in the grocery store.
- People who want wine info without having to sign up! (In example: you're 5 minutes away from knowing what you grabbed off the shelf) Plenty of info including ratings, but a smaller community of users giving ratings (25 rated on the bottle of Sharecroppers) Info includes: Pairings, Price history, notes on the producer, and vintages
- Finding the closest wine shop: (and compare prices.)
- Different from the other apps, it had wine related news articles.
- Couldn’t find our wines via barcode scan. (pink ombre) SO I gave up.
- Lots of “Thanks for your pateience” popups, due to Inventories are on third party websites.
- Good for: finding/ discovering wine
- Saves scans. One of the biggest apps, doesn’t show reviews.
- I was able to scan my bottle and receive winemaker notes, regional notes, and similar wines.
- Mostly it felt like their website.
6. Unwine: for those to love to read reviews
• Great for those who want be part of a wine community.
- Feels like a facebook for wine enthusiants. The first screen is a feed of other user’s wine experiences, including their wine-influenced photos.
- Has merit badges and stuff, go premium for $2.99/month.
- Cons: Doesn’t have the wine scanner feature, not much other info on wines. Your options are to “add to wishlist” or “discard” a wine based off a photo of its label. But all 6 six wines I put on my wishlist had no reviews yet, and only name of producer and price.
Thanks for visiting our blog! Follow us to hear the latest on great ideas!